Thursday, November 6, 2014

My Journey To Be Fit, Fearless and Happy

Hey All! My name is Evie and I am here to share my weightloss journey with you. I am a Brooklyn girl and reformed yo-yo dieter who loves to tell corny jokes, read paranormal romance books and found a passion for fitness.

Since I was in junior high school I had been yo-yo dieting and exercising on and off. I was in a vicious cycle that would not end. I would go on these extreme diets, lose weight and then gain it back...with a few extra pounds. I was getting slim (not fit!) and was still miserable! Come on -  a life with zero carbs is no life at all!! Then I would start slowly eating eating normally, throwing in a cookie or two (or a dozen), and in a flash - BAM - right back to my starting weight. I was unhappy with myself, with my body, and with my life. I would go from people telling me how great I looked to asking me, "what happened?" when I would gain  it all back. Funny thing is, even when I would hit my goal weight - I wasn't happy because I was so deprived! And since I didn't really work out, I had that "fat girl slim" syndrome - zero definition! I would look in the mirror and would still not be satisfied with what I saw.

I had once again ballooned up to 175lbs, and that was after losing a few, when my hubby saw an infomercial for Insanity! He instantly purchased it and asked me to do it with him. No lie - it intimated the hell out of me! BUT, I am pretty competitive so if my hubby was game to do it, so was I, although I was shaking in my sneakers. We pushed play on day one and it was the hardest workout I had ever done in my life, but I made a promise to myself to finish it. Little did I know that it would completely change my life.

I finished the first 60 days with amazing results and I was hooked. There was something about Shaun T that I loved. He was tough, yet sweet. Motivational, but not annoying. Positive, but admitted when he was dying right there with me. I had tried other trainers and their workouts, but I would get annoyed and give up lol. Yes, I need to "get along" with my trainer, even if he/she is not really in the actual room with me. When I was done, Focus T25 was just coming out and I rushed to try it. Again, I loved it and lost more weight and started to look more defined. I was doing it and the healthy way! I was eating right, started drinking Shakeology which helped me tremendously and pushing play!


 photo dc392ba6-331e-4f38-b502-538210d20600_zps6a5d3647.jpgI got to live my dream and actually meet Shaun T and Tania "The Machine." I thought that was awesome, but then I joined Team Machine with Tania and began coaching with her as my mentor. Since then, my life has changed. I got to workout with Shaun T, help others like me achieve their goals, and the team keeps me accountable so I will never go back to my old ways.

I am a whole new person and now I get to be a part of other people's transformations - how amazing is that? I thought life couldn't get any better, but it did. Waking up to a text from a customer who is excited that they had to buy new pants or an email saying that I helped them achieve their goals. That is the best feeling ever.



My journey is not over. The struggle is real lol. It is a lifestyle change, but if I can do it - so can you!
I'm always here if you need me!


Stay Fit, Be Fearless and Have Fun...because the journey has just begun :)

~ Evie






No comments:

Post a Comment